In keeping with the questionable titles of our recipes this week, (“Lava poop,” Nads? If that doesn’t whet your appetite, I guess nothing will.) we present you with a sticky sauce that is well worth the extra napkins.
I have not had the pleasure of trying this yet, but I’m a big fan of dark meat and cooking chicken on the bone because they both make the meat more flavorful. And the mixture of vinegar, soy sauce, honey and garlic sounds like a great riff on Asian food without requiring you to go full-Pet Store.
4-5 chicken thighs
sea salt and black pepper
3-4 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, halved
thyme, a few sprigs
sherry or red wine vinegar, splash
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp honey
1 lemon, finely sliced
splash of water or stock
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a saute pan to high heat. Add oil and brown chicken in skillet. Once browned, remove to plate.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 mintues over medium high heat.
- Add vinegar and cook down until reduced by half.
- Add soy sauce, honey, thyme, and water. Return chicken to pan, turning to coat with sauce. Add lemon slices, Cook until the sauce is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, pull it out of the pan, plate and drizzle with sauce.
Serve up with some roasted red potatoes or Bacon Potato salad and some wet wipes. Because I’m sure this is much more fun if you eat it with your hands. Medieval Times anyone? Holla at the White Knight!