- Remove seasoning packets from Ramen noodle packages and crush up noodles.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, olive oil, and ramen noodle seasoning packets.
- Add all other ingredients (raw Ramen included) and mix well. Chill and serve.
Tag Archives: slaw
Every Southerner knows that you can’t have BBQ without slaw. It’s crunchy, tangy and – because it is technically made up of cabbage and veggies – it makes you feel a little bit better about hogging out on pork for 5 days in a row.
This is JR’s friend’s recipe and the companion piece to Lexington Pork Shoulder. I have not had the pleasure of trying this yet, but I’m always happy with anything that allows me to increase my intake of ramen noodle seasoning to levels near that of my freshman year at Tulane. More sodium please!
1 bag of coleslaw mix
2 Ramen noodle pkgs, chicken
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
Apparently it’s Bacon Day here at Nummy Num Num, and as days go, that’s not too shabby. The Chef likes to serve this with steak, and I’d like to suggest the Coffee Rubbed variety for your noshing pleasure.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Whisk honey, vinegar, and mayo in a large bowl.
- Stir in slaw mix, cheese, and bacon. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours until ready to serve.