The Chef says this sauce is “pretty rowdy with sake too.” I believe everything is pretty rowdy with sake, so I’ll take his word for it. He likes to serve this over jasmine rice.
- Saute shallots and garlic in a little oil on medium high heat.
- Add mussels and wine. Cover and cook until all the mussels open.
- With a slotted spoon, spoon out the mussels and serve with Red Curry Sauce.
Red Curry sauce:
1 tablespoon grated ginger
3-4 kaffir lime leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of red curry paste (the more you use, the spicier it will be)
1 can of coconut milk
good amount of chopped cilantro and basil
- Bring coconut milk to a boil and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer and then pour the sauce over the mussels.