Fireball. Now with slightly more class & less judgment.
Of all the adult beverages we have here at Nummy, this one is the simplest and most seasonal.
Even better – It’s the fastest way to get Fireball into your system since Matt Hinson moved back to Memphis.
1/2 gallon apple cider
4 cinnamon sticks
1 star anise (optional)
Fireball to taste
- Stud your orange with cloves (i.e. jam cloves into the outside of an orange).
- Simmer all ingredients except Fireball for 30 minutes. (Reminder: Star anise tastes like liquorice, so if you Hate Licorice like I do, skip it.)
- Strain and add desired amount of Fireball. Serving suggestions per mug are as follows:
- One splash for fuzzy memories
- One shot for slightly sloppy
- Two shots for telling your sister what you really think of her boyfriend
- Garnish each mug with a cinnamon stick and a slice of orange peel.
Despite the long absence from you, Num, I have returned. And I have brought with me the spoils of my annual Ripley Christmas trip.
Namely, the somewhat hyped and super delicious cider recipe from Uncle Stewart’s tailgate… and Akin Oyster Dressing. (I’m still debating the morality of posting that second one since it took me several years to annoy my cousin Melissia and Aunt Sylvia into relinquishing it, so time will have to tell on that one.)
For the moment, this simple sipping cocktail will have to suffice. And I guarantee it will quench any thirst, a winter one especially.
Apple Cider or Juice
- Mix cider and spices as directed on package. (Incidentally, the spices come in an adorable milk carton package, so this drink is both cute and yummy.)
- Add Hot Damn to taste.
- Heat (do not boil) and imbibe.