If there is one thing happened at my office this week, it’s happyfatness.
Be honest – you have 1 or 2 days left before a 5-day break, and you couldn’t care less. As if that weren’t enough, all those clients who need your business next year are trying to buy your affection with sugar-coated, fat-filled yummies. And if I’ve learned one thing this week, it’s that I can be bought.
This recipe is actually an in-house offering from Joe, one of our writers, so this is honestly a gesture of good cheer rather than self preservation. Scary cheerful.
Anyway, these gutbombs were spectacular and are – he assures me – easy to make. And when he told me the main ingredients were crescent rolls and cream cheese, no further encouragement was necessary.
Get fat and happy:
2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls (don’t go with store brand)
2 pkg (square) cream cheese (here you can go store brand)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 stick butter, melted
- Soften cream cheese to room temp and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter casserole dish.
- Spread one package crescent rolls across bottom; pinch perforations closed so it’s a single sheet.
- Blend sugar and cream cheese to frosting consistency; add vanilla while doing so.
- Spread cheese mix over dough and then spread second can of rolls over top, pinching perforations shut.
- Smooth melted butter evenly over top; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.