This is a super simple breakfast potato recipe. I don’t really have measurements because this is all by taste and what I have in the fridge or pantry. It takes no time at all, incredibly easy and is the perfect hangover cure. I highly recommend topping with an egg over easy and using lots of hot sauce. – ts
5-6 small potatoes (any potatoes will do)
1 small red bell pepper chopped
½ large yellow onion chopped
seasoning (whatever you have on hand) options:
- fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary
- dried oregano (make sure to squish dried oregano between your fingers to release the seasonings before using)
- chili powder
1-2 scallions chopped green and white parts
2 cloves garlic minced
salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- Boil water, and then boil potatoes for about 8-10 minutes or until tender
- Drain and let cool while you chop the bell pepper, onions, and garlic
- Heat pan with olive oil, and then add garlic. Let cook about 45 seconds or 1 minute, until fragrant. Add peppers and onions and sauté for a few minutes. Season the veggies with salt and pepper.
- While peppers and onions cook, slice potatoes up to about ½ inch slices. Add potatoes to pan along with all seasonings. Cook for about 20 minutes. Top with fresh scallions. Serve hot with hot sauce and fried egg over easy.