If you have never had the pleasure of anything Boar’s Head, I must suggest you get your butt up to (preferably the new awesome) Kroger (by the Racquet Club) and purchase something immediately. All of their stuff is good, but their Horseradish Cheddar is simply to die.
It makes a great sandwich, but the Thanksgiving I decided to unnecessarily carbo-load my family with 3 different kinds of mac n cheese, it also made for a great cheese sauce. You could actually even add bacon to this and make it the main attraction. Nobody’d be mad. Just sayin’.
1 box spiral pasta, cooked and drained
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups cream
1.5 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 block Boar’s Head Horseradish Cheddar, shredded
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
Cavendar’s to taste
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a saute pan, melt butter. Whisk in flour and stir constantly until it makes a blonde roux.
- Add cream. Cook until it reaches a simmer, whisking constantly.
- Add milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix until melted.
- Toss pasta in sauce, add tomatoes and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 25 minutes.