The Chef loves his squash. And I love my bisque. So this is a happy meeting place. The addition of cinnamon is a great little toasty surprise, and finishing this with the roasted walnuts gives it a really interesting texture.
As always, the roasting is the most important part. It takes the squash from good to great, so don’t skip it!
2 whole butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 onion, diced
2 stalks of celery diced
1/2 cup of heavy cream
dash of cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
tablespoon of butter
tablespoon on olive oil
splash of vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss squash with oil, salt,and pepper. Roast for about 40 minutes or until very soft.
- Melt butter in a medium pot. Add, onions and celery. Add a good pinch of salt . and saute until tender.
- Puree squash , celery, and onions. Put back in a pot on medium heat.
- Add stock, cream, and taste for seasoning. Simmer for 30 minutes and done.
- Garnish with chopped roasted walnuts and a dollop of sour cream.