- In a Dutch oven, brown beef and drain.
- Return to heat and add onions and peppers. Cook about 15 mintues on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, beer, chili seasoning, rotel, and bay leaves.
- Simmer for several hours. (The longer you simmer, the better it will be.)
- Rinse and drain kidney beans. Add right before seving.
- Serve with Mexican Crema, cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions. Oh, and the rest of that Red Stripe. Just for good measure.
In a rare wave of optimism, I actually thought it was not going to be cold enough again this spring for us to post this, but once again, Mother Nature has decided to play dirty. Luckily this recipe includes two of my most favorite things, so I’ve decided to look at this as a positive.
I believe this is another recipe The Chef stole from JR’s private stash, and judging by the comments we’ve received on his Brandy Mustard Filets, you should probably just go ahead and make this now.
On a related note, watch yo’self when you ignite the brandy in that filet recipe. One Covington resident (who shall remain nameless) almost burned down his house with that step. And I think we’d all agree that Covington law enforcement and emergency services probably have their hands full as it is.
2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 poblano pepper, diced
2 -3 Red Stripe beers
2 packages chili seasoning
2 cans of rotel, 1 hot and 1 mild
1 30 oz can stewed tomatoes
3 bay leaves
1 can of kidney beans
1 tablespoon of sugar