Another entry from the Hutchison cookbook that should send you straight into a sugar coma. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not a huge fan of dessert, but these tiny zingers have enough tang to balance the richness. Still, they’re gutbombs, so be prepared to couch it post-munch.
2 cups sugar
4 eggs slightly beaten
4 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp grated lime rind
4 tbsp flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Blend room-temperature butter with flour and sugar.
- Press into 9×13 greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until edges are brown.
- While crust is baking, mix filling ingredients together.
- Pour over baked crust and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and sift powdered sugar over the top. Cut into squares and serve.