I’m always looking for ways to not grow up. That’s probably why I try to incorporate hot dogs into every dish and still have a CareBears pillow case. In light of that, I was thrilled when I came upon this recipe. I made it for The Chef’s 28th birthday, and they were gone almost instantly. Brown butter + salt = dayum goodness.
- Butter a pan with 2-inch sides or line one with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir frequently, scraping up any bits from the bottom as you do.
- As soon as the butter takes on a hazlenut color, turn the heat off and stir in the marshmallows and salt. If the residual heat isn’t enough, keep the burner on low.
- Remove the pot from the stove and stir in the salt and cereal together. Quickly spread into prepared pan.
- Let cool and cut into squares. (Or jam candles in it and make into the world’s largest krispie treat birfday cake.)