I think we’d all agree that Houston’s Chicago-Style Spinach Dip is the shiz. I think we’d also all agree that we can’t have it as often as we’d like due to time, distance, or simple lack of funds.
Fortunately for us, the Hutchison class of 2001 foresaw our dilemma and included it in the adorably titled “Graduate and Be Glad You Ate.” Make sure you pick up some sour cream, salsa and well-salted tortilla chips. Just wouldn’t be the same without the trimmings.
2 packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
1.5 cans artichokes, chopped and drained
1 onion, chopped
1 stick of butter
1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz shredded monterey jack
4 oz shredded swiss cheese
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
4-6 oz heavy whipping cream
4 oz shredded parmesan cheese
Tortilla chips (If you’re in Memphis, Las Delicias has the perfect chips for this dip.)
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream on medium speed, gradually folding in cream cheese until it forms creamy mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Marinate in fridge at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Top with parmesan and heat until bubbly.