Introducing Chef John! The man knows his meat, and this recipe is just incredible. I serve it with roasted potatoes, onion and fennel and shepherd salad (tomatoes, cukes, red onion, parsley, red wine vinegar and olive oil). The meat must go on top of Tanya’s Tzatziki with extra for dipping.
Chef John says: This is it for me… Strap me into the chair and let errrr rip because I’ll die happy if this is my last meal. Every element of this meal works so well together that I get weak in the knees just thinking about making it. Looking to “seal the deal”?? Well look no further my friend, I’ve got your golden ticket right here. -ts
Rack of lamb
Handful of herbs- rosemary, mint
2 cloves garlic minced
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Finely chop rosemary, mint and garlic and add to bowl with 1-2 tablespoons of good olive oil, whisk together.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Salt and pepper all sides of rack then rub herb and garlic mixture on every square inch of the lamb
- Heat a large saute pan on high heat for 5-7 min.
- Sear the fat portion and meat portion for 2 min each and then sear the ends for 1 min each.
- Put saute pan with lamb fat side up into oven for 25 min then remove and cover with foil.
- Let it sit for 10 min and serve on top of Tanya’s Tzatziki (yogurt dip)