These are the perfect mate for Pitts’ Rosemary-Dijon Steak. His betrothed insists upon them routinely.
1 head garlic
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped rosemary
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. In a large bowl, combine potatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, season heavily with kosher salt and pepper, and toss to coat in oil.
- Arrange potatoes cut side up on a large sheet tray.
- Cut bulb of garlic in half, wrap each half in foil with a teaspoon of olive oil and pinch of salt and place on the sheet tray or oven rack. Bake garlic and potatoes for 30 minutes at 425.
- Sprinkle rosemary over potatoes and continue cooking another 10-15 minutes or until the cut side of potatoes is brown and blistering.
- Remove garlic from foil pouches and squeeze the roasted cloves out over the potatoes.
Pitts likes to eat the leftovers cold dipped in hummus or – even better – warm dipped in truffle aioli. Now he’s speaking my language.