Whether it is an Ole Miss game day or a board game night at Horseshoe, the future Mrs. Mills can whip up an app in true Southern style*. I personally ate 15 of these in The Grove last year. Hey, it was my birthday. Don’t you look at me like that.
1 can flakey biscuits
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded cheese
(mozzarella and cheddar blend)
1 10-ounce can Rotel
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 onion, chopped
10 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate each biscuit into two or three layers. Lightly grease the cups of a mini muffin tin.
- Place and press a biscuit layer evenly into each cup.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a medium size bowl. Spoon filling on top of the biscuit layers.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
*Lacy has since informed me that this is her grandmother’s award-winning recipe, so, while she’s clearly already famous, we wanted to update the title with an Internet shout out. Thanks Grandma Tucker!