Tanya says: I know everyone has their own version of pimento cheese. I am not trying to force my version on anyone, so feel free to use your favorite pimento cheese recipe. How do you make a heavenly cheese and mayo combination better? Add BREAD and MELT! Enjoy!
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese (white and yellow)
½ lb monteray jack cheese
2-3 oz jars pimento with juice pinch minced garlic
1 half Claussen pickle spear (optional- depends on my mood that day)
4-5 tablespoon mayo- preferably Duke’s
salt, pepper, cayenne pepper to taste
hot sauce to taste (NOT optional, very necessary)
- Grate all cheese (small grate), set aside in large mixing bowl
- Finely chop pimentos add to small mixing bowl, add juices
- Finely grate half of spear (if using) add to small mixing bowl
- Combine mayo and spices into small mixing bowl and whisk together
- Add dressing to cheese, mix very well and refrigerate
- Slice baguette crosswise 1/3 thick and add generous scoops pimento cheese and spread on sliced baguettes, heat in oven (temp about 300-350) for about 2-4 mins until cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
*for best results make pimento cheese spread in advance and allow to refrigerate for a few hours