When I finally decide to officially give up at life and commit to wearing sweatpants everywhere, I will carry variations of this sauce with me at all times to pour over everything. It’s the nummiest of the num nums. The Chef says it is great on seafood (which I can attest to) and you can substitute red wine for the white to use with game and red meats (which I can also vouch for). It’s plate-licking, finger-sucking delicious.
- On low heat, reduce white wine by 3/4.
- Add cream and reduce by half.
- Slowly add butter, a little at a time while constantly whisking. Make sure to keep it own low heat so it doesn’t break. Add salt and pepper to taste. And you’re done!
The Chef also suggests the following variations if you want to fancy yo shiz up a touch. Try adding:
- a tablespoon of dijon mustard
- chopped fresh herbs
- orange zest
- lemon juice and capers
- tomatoes and basil
- mango puree
- roasted red bell pepper puree
- soy sauce