The Chef once told me he doesn’t care much for dessert unless it involves alcohol. Now that’s just good common sense. According to him this is the best bread pudding he’s ever had.
1 13x9x2 baking dish, sprayed with non-stick oil spray
1 loaf of bread torn into chunks
4 large eggs. blended
1 cup milk
2 1/2 cups of good quality white chocolate pieces, preferably Belgian or French
3/4 hazelnut syrup or Frangelico liqueur
Frozen Hazelnut Cream:
1 quart of heavy cream
1 1/2 cup hazelnut syrup
1 box of confectioners sugar
- The night before you plan to serve, make the frozen hazelnut cream.*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bread, blended eggs, milk, cream, and hazelnut syrup.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve three scoops in a soup bowl, warmed, with a large scoop of Frozen Hazelnut Cream on top.
*In a mixer or food processor, start blending cream and sugar. Add syrup when it begins to thicken. Freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours.