After trying many guac recipes, finally found the winner. Some of the ingredients are surprising, but it’s well worth it.
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped plum tomato
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
juice from 1 lime
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 ripe peeled avocados, seeded and coarsely mashed
1.5 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
- Peel papery husk from tomatillos. Wash, core, and finely chop.
- Combine tomatillos, onion, and remaining ingredients. Stir well.
If you want to go the extra mile and make your own chips, these go perfectly with the guac.
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Chipotle chile powder (such as McCormick)
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges and arrange in a single layer on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle wedges with 1/2 teaspoon salt and chile powder.
- Lightly coat wedges with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until wedges are crisp and lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes.
This recipe is modified from MyRecipes.com.