I am not going to start this post with some take on “Bam!” because that is a stupid catchphrase and all cooking shows where people scream and faint in the aisles when you add olive oil to a pan (I’m looking at you Rachel Ray) make me furious. But that man balls on some seafood so respect.
1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
1/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese with jalapenos, grated
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the crabmeat, garlic, jalapenos, Monterey Jack, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt, and mayonnaise in a medium-size mixing bowl. Toss gently to mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly on the top of the crabmeat mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving with the croutons.