This sauce will make you want to tip up your bowl and suck it down. Go ahead. It’s ya birfday.
1 diced onion
celery (2 stalks), diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
Cajun seasoning to taste
1 package Andouille sausage, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup shrimp stock (or any seafood stock)
4 pounds mussels
1 package frozen crawfish, thawed and rinsed well
- Saute onions, celery, and green bell pepper. Cook slowly and add a good amount of Cajun seasoning.
- Add sausage. Cook through and add two cans of diced tomatoes.
- Add one beer and shrimp stock.
- Reduce by half and then add a little heavy cream. Add mussels.
- Cover and cook on medium high heat (about 5 minutes). Once the mussels are open pull them out of the liquid.
- Cook liquid down again by half and add crawfish. Warm through and serve with crusty French bread.